Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Things Shakespeare

Sunday was a magnificent day. I went to Powderhorn Park and enjoyed a production of "A Midsummer's Night Dream" by Shakespeare. They had it in two locations about 50 yards apart. It was a great setting outside in a small grove near the lake. Perfect. The weather cooperated. The acting was fun. And like I said the setting was perfect.

Afterwards, I went to my son's home and ate pork chops and corn on the cob with them. As an after dinner treat, we watched two more episodes of 'Pacific', only one more to go. Watching it of course, is nothing like what those men had to endure. But it was a brutal, hard fought war against a very tough enemy. I bought one of the books the series is based on, "With the Old Breed" by Eugene Sledge. I am looking forward to reading it soon.

No comments: