Thursday, July 31, 2008

garden things

I picked my first zucchini last evening. I also picked some radishes still tasty inspite of the heat. It has been hotter than hell and the garden still seems to be doing well. Hopefully, all this nice hot weathe will translate into lovely tomatoes. We have a number of them on the vine. So far only the cherries are starting to ripen. The beans, cucumbers, dill, fennel, and basil are doing fantastic. We already made some fresh pesto one day.

The flowers are looking well. The ladyslippers seem to do doing well. The zinnias, nasturtiums, and marigolds haven't blossomed yet but soon. The rudbekia that the old woman in the Farmer's Market told me to buy is beautiful. I bought three plants from her as she said they were her last and she said they would be beautiful and they are with more red in the center and and orange on the fringe. The black blue salvia is still attracting hummingbirds and I have seen several butterflies and bees in the garden. Lucky us.

No comments: