Monday, July 28, 2008

weekend things

I had a pretty good weekend. I met with friends on Friday night. Saturday, we went to dinner at a friend's home and they had made a lovely meal of spring rolls with plum sauce, hoisin sauce, peanut sauce, and hot chili sauce. White and rose wine was served as well as tea. The main entree was a lovely pasta salad with pesto, dried tomatoes, and pine nuts and fresh baked bread. Dessert was home made frozen yogurt strawberry, blueberry and berries with blueberries on top. We saw their collection bonsai trees and they talked about all the travails they have with keeping them watered and in good form. We listened to bagpipe music and showed off our pictures from Scotland and Portland. My friends had gone to Scotland in June. Specifically, they went to the Outer Hebrides, Harris and Lewis, England, and Peebles. I had gone to Scotland at the end of May and beginning of June and visited Islay, Jura, Kintyre Peninsula, Speyside, and Glen Clova. We also showed our pictures from Portland. Listening to music from the Western Isles is always so much fun and they enjoy it as much as we do.

Sunday, I had brunch with my son and his family. They have been hosting an exchange student from Grenoble France for the last three weeks. It was very nice to meet him. I also weeded and watered my butterfly garden. Yesterday, I sighted hummingbirds and butterflies in the garden.

My granddaughter is in the state girls soccer tournament. I went to act as a supporter and cheerleader. Unfortunately, I did not add any luck as they lost a close one 3 -2. After, the tournament it was upstairs and looking at rss feeds, social networks, and loading pictures from out trips to Picasa (that was a bloody long slog). Tonight, I am hoping this will be far easier.

No comments: