Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Web 2.0 things

I am coming to the end of my class on web 2.0. It is rather sad as I had loads of fun looking at all these new things on the Internet. Now comes the hard part, not the final project, I already have that one nailed down. The actual decisions on what to utilities and web sites to use and what to discard and back out of. I have an account in Delicious but it seems that people are more interested in Diigo. Investigate further. FaceBook and MySpace, what are the things too keep me in one and not the other. 2ndLife, I want to see and experience it myself, however, do I really need to have a second life when my first life is so full? I see the benefits and uses of Flickr, wikis, and Youtube. My pictures will be organized in Flickr around my folders where I have been. I have created a wiki for my department using Peanut Butter (my final project). I have also created a wiki for the Monday night wargamers group using Wetpaint. This may not be the best one for this purpose but we can at least get our information started and explore another venue. A friend suggested Ning as an alternative. We'll check it out. I am also looking at sites that permit you to have everything right on a tool bar so you can monitor your sights all the time Flock and Yoono are two.

No comments: