Thursday, November 6, 2008

Election things

Well, the election is over, sort of. I just wish that Obama had had significant coattails to bring in some more Democrats. Franken & Coleman are still locked in a recount battle. Bachmann won her seat. The district deserves someone that stupid and polarizing. Paulson won in the 3rd district against Madia. Can you believe it that old sod felon Tad Stevens was reelected? Unbelieveable! Alaskans are dumber than I thought. I sat and watched the election results drinking twenty year old Port and hoping for better results in other races. The concession speech by John McCain was very good and showed his true nature. This was a different person than what was on the campaign trail. It was a very good and heart felt speech. Obama's speech was really good and just struck a cord deep inside me. I am looking hopefully for the next four years to a new world. I stayed up an extra half hour watching a special on channel 2 about Isle Royale. I do hope I go there and get to hike.

No comments: