Thursday, September 2, 2010

Divorce things or Things divorce

Katherine and I are divorced. The decree came down from on high and as of 14 May 2010, I am no longer married to her. She is without a doubt a very kind, generous, loving, sensitive, and intelligent woman. We were not compatible. I didn't get along with her children (if I had realized earlier about her kids, I would never have married.) That is neither here nor there. We are finished. I suspect we will be friends, not close friends but acquaintances.

It was interesting. There is a saying, "When one door closes, another opens". And so it is, to quote Mr. Darcey in Pride & Prejudice" - I cannot fix on the hour, or the spot, or the look, or the words which laid the foundation. It is too long ago. I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun." I am becoming attached to someone very dear to me. What began as friends hanging out with friends is now something more. Yet, it still must reveal itself completely. Everyday is a new feeling and a new discovery. Thoughts, emotions, feelings, and contemplation about where is it going. The journay is certainly exciting, however, the end is still far off. I am determined to let it ride and enjoy all these wonderful feelings, thoughts, and emotions of this thing we call love.

No comments: